How do I mount the heart rate monitor on my goggles?
Now that you have your Polar® OH1/OH1 + and your FORM mounting clip, you can mount the heart rate monitor to the goggle strap.
For best results, we recommend always using the FORM mounting clip for the Polar® OH1/OH1 +.
1. Insert the OH1/OH1 + into the FORM mounting clip.
Ensure that the lens side of the OH1/OH1 + heart rate sensor is visible and facing outwards when sitting in the mounting clip. Align the silver OH1/OH1 + power button so that it is accessible.
2. Align the mounted OH1/OH1 + on the display side of your goggles.
3. Insert the inner strap through both hooks on the mounting clip.
The lens side of the OH1 needs to be facing inwards so that it will sit against your skin when you are wearing the goggles. Ensure the strap goes into the back channel on the mounting clip (not covering the lens side). You can pull the straps a little to stretch them and thread them through the hooks more easily.
4. Slide the OH1/OH1 + along the strap so that it is close to the display unit.
To ensure that the OH1/OH1 + and the onboard computer can communicate easily, they need to be situated close together.
5. Insert the outer strap through both hooks, same as the inner strap.
When you put your goggles on your head for a swim, ensure the lens side of the OH1/OH1 + is touching your skin, and not your hair or swim cap. If the OH1/OH1 + is not sitting against your skin, the heart rate reading will not be accurate. If the OH1/OH1 + is blocked by your hair or swim cap, you can try one of the following:
- Shift or fold your swim cap slightly to allow skin contact for the OH1/OH1 +;
- Put on your goggles first, then put on your swim cap.